Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What in the World is Happening?!

Life is busy.  Life is crazy.  But I'm ok with that.  I'm not ok, though, with the past two days.

Let me go back to last week, though.

Monday morning we had to take my car to the "car doctor" for regular maintenance.  Sadie goes to school on Mondays, and I had MOPS last week.   Got home, still had to get the kids and myself dressed - it was a mad dash.  I found myself saying over and over to Sadie to eat so she could get dressed.  We're late!  Finally got them dressed, bags packed, and almost ready to go.  I went outside to put all the bags in the car and came back to two crying/screaming children.  Poor Harrison was really screaming.  I looked at him, and all I could see was blood.....where is it coming from?  Inside his mouth?  Outside his mouth?  I did see blood coming from inside, but I also noticed a slice on the outside.  I called Kris in a panic - like he could help or something from his office.  Harrison finally settled down, I could see that his lip was still firmly attached to his face, so I got them in the car.  Took Sadie to her class (late) and had some ladies help me clean up Harrison.  I still have no idea how he sliced himself.  Then it was off to MOPS with a still bleeding child.  My friend and I were planning to go to lunch after our meeting, but the nursery workers said that Harrison was exhausted.  Yeah, he fell asleep almost as soon as we got in the car - no lunch outing for us.  Blah blah blah, the rest of the day was crazy too.

Tuesday I decided to take the kids to the zoo for Zoo Boo!  I got them dressed in Halloween shirts, got Sadie pumped about all the Halloween decor and candy that would be waiting for us.....we get there, and oops.  Zoo Boo didn't start until Friday.  Sorry, S.  Tuesday afternoon was gymnastics.  I picked up a pizza on the way home because Kris wasn't home.  I don't even remember where he was.

Wednesday - got kids to school, doctor appointment, errands.  Pick up kids, Harrison had not napped, home to put him in bed rather than taking them for ice cream like I had planned.  Back to church for dinner, choir, AWANAS.  Tired.

Thursday - Don't even remember.  Oh, yes I do.  Lunch with friends and then dinner with Kris and a work associate, had to drop kids off at a friend's because we couldn't find a sitter.  I think I contacted five people.  My kids are sweet.  Why is it so hard to find a babysitter?!

Friday - picked my car up from the shop, took my goddaughter to Chuck E Cheese for an early birthday celebration.

Saturday - early morning fun run, wedding, football game.

Sunday - church, naps, grocery store with two kids in the rain

Monday - and this is where is really gets exciting!  Because I know it hasn't been exciting enough.  Kris left early for the airport.  I got Sadie to school.  I got an email saying that his flight had been canceled due to mechanical problems.  He was searching for another flight.  No luck.  He called to say that he was going to have to reschedule his meeting and was going to work.  Another call - he was at Starbucks and his vehicle wouldn't start.  Thankfully he was close to home and not at the airport.  I picked him up, he called roadside assistance.  Took him back to meet roadside assistance.  Still won't start, so they called a tow truck.  Picked him up again, then he gets another call that the truck would be there sooner than they said.  He had to turn right back around.  I told him he got to pick up Sadie from school since Harrison was napping.  Everyone was home until I had to leave to go to Ronald McDonald House to serve dinner with some fellow members of my Sunday School class.  Oh, and since Kris was supposed to be out of town, I had to get someone from church to help me find a sitter to keep the kids while I was serving.  Since Kris ended up being home, I had to cancel the sitter that was such a hassle to find!

Today - Yesterday I asked Sadie what she wanted to do.  She wanted to mousekercize (go to childcare at the gym) and then to the park with her friends.  I emailed some friends asking if they wanted to meet us at the park for a picnic.  Great!  Get everyone dressed, in the car, and.....my car took a long time starting.  Something was weird.  Dropped off the kids and called Kris to warn him.  Class over, back in the car, car would NOT start.  Again, thankfully we were close to home.  I put Harrison in the stroller and we started walking home.  Talked to Kris, emailed my friend who was to meet us at the park.  Kris called the shop that we JUST got my car out of, he said to call a tow truck.  Got home, packed a picnic, back to the rec center to meet my friend who was able to meet us at a different park, tow truck came, my vehicle left, we walked back home.  And here I sit.  AAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously?  Two dead cars at the same time?!  I asked Kris if we had any unconfessed sin that we need to address.

So, what in the world is happening?  Well, I guess life is happening.  And we have to just roll with the punches.  And laugh.  And figure out how to get the kids to Sadie's gymnastics class this afternoon when we only have a two seater vehicle in operation.

No comments: