Monday, September 26, 2011

Why Do We Live in Houston?

Seriously.  I have no idea.  Whenever Kris and I travel, we always ask ourselves that.  What's so great about Houston?  Do we like the weather?  Not really.  Is there much to do?  Nope.  Beautiful scenery?  ha ha ha, NO!  So, I think we should move to Canada.

I've actually been to Canada several times.....six times, actually.  Two of those times were just quick cross the border for a day trips, but still, I love it.  The fall foliage, hiking, rafting, God's beautiful creation.  Could you ask for anything more?

For our honeymoon, we flew to Calgary and then drove up to Banff.  It was fun getting to go back this past weekend for a "hike up" memory lane.  Five years ago, we hiked to the top of Sulphur Mountain to get this view.  However, with a baby in tow this time, we took the gondola.  There was still plenty of hiking to do once we got to the top, though.

I could get used to this!



I don't recall seeing anything close to this in Houston:

Sunrise behind a mountain and over the water?  Yes, please.

This one just makes me laugh because it looks like Kris did some Photoshop work to get me into the picture.

So, could I move 1,807 miles away?  I just might could be persuaded.












2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow- gorgeous. Glad you had fun. But please don't move to Canada- I would miss you too much!

Erin said...

What a lovely trip!!! I agree, Canada is so so beautiful, but just think, we are not in parkas in November. :)