Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Been a Day!!

Today's been one of those days.  After one of those nights.  We had a rough night with Sadie not sleeping well, as usual.  It was a rough night, but the morning was actually pleasant.  Sadie played downstairs for a while and then decided she'd play in her room.  Alone.  Amazing.  I was getting a few things done when she started calling me.  I went up to check on her and found this standing at the top of the stairs:

I let her pick out her clothes today since we were staying home.  I take no credit for this lovely outfit.

She's holding diaper cream and was very proud of herself.  She then runs into her room to show me this:

Yeah, she's going to be a great helper when her little brother or sister gets here!

Her legs were covered.....

As I tried to clean things up, she did this:



I tried not to laugh too hard as I was telling her that diaper cream is messy (and not cheap) and she shouldn't be playing in it.  Anyway, it was funny, we got things cleaned up, and all was well.  She ate a good lunch and started getting tired.

When she began yawning before her usual nap time of 1:00, which is no surprise since she didn't sleep well and was up before 7, I put her in bed.  Everything was fine for a few minutes until she started coughing.  Lots of coughing.  Then crying.  I tried to settle her down.  Yeah, that didn't work.  We came downstairs, more crying, I got her calm....and then FedEx bangs on the door.  That set things off again.  Then the phone rings.  And the dogs bark.  Then it's UPS.  I give up.  Well, not really.  I got in bed with her for a while.  That didn't work.  Long story somewhat shortened....it's almost 6:00 and she's been in bed for about 30 minutes now.  Time to go wake her up.  What will things be like tonight?!  I think I'm going to send her to the park with her daddy.  I need a break!








1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

OH SADIE! Ha! Yes, you need a break- off to the park they go!