Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Let's Wrap Up the Day With a Little Bit of AAHHHHH!!!!

I mean, it only make sense for the rest of the day to end with a touch of craziness, right?  For those of you who read about my afternoon, you know what I'm talking about.

So when I say that my house is a disaster, it's no exaggeration.  The kids pulled out every crayon and marker and piece of paper they could find.  There is a car seat sans cover sitting in the middle of the walkway.  I left the house in this horrible state before going to church, because, well....my afternoon.  I tried to pick things up only to turn around to see that it had been destroyed.

Then the rush to get ready for church began.  I had just walked into my bedroom to change clothes when I heard a crash.  And then a scream.  I go to the kitchen to find that Harrison had pulled an empty jar out of a cabinet and it shattered into many little pieces.  I thought the cries were just from being scared.  I picked him up and took him to get dressed for church.  Then I saw blood.  Lots of it on his hands.  Looks like he cut himself in several places.  Thankfully no deep cuts, though.

We make it to church, and it was just as fun as you can imagine trying to feed two kids without any help (we eat dinner at church on Wednesday nights).  I got the kids' plates ready, up and down, up and down.  I finally sat down to try to eat a bite myself.  Before I knew it, it was time to move on to the next event.

Choir, AWANAS, time to go home.  Whew, glad to be going home!  Unfortunately, I knew Kris wouldn't be waiting on us.  Instead of Kris, a police officer was waiting on us at the front door.  Always gives you a warm fuzzy.

As I was pulling into the driveway, my phone rings.  It was the police department.  My alarm had gone off.  The officer comes up to my window and shines his flashlight into my vehicle.  Remember how I left a car seat in the middle of the walkway in my house?  Yeah, I let Sadie just buckle up to go to church (only because it's exactly one mile from my house on residential streets - please don't give me a hard time.  I never would have gone anywhere far away or on major roads without her in a car seat.)....but she'd unbuckled and was standing in the seat for the officer to see.  Great.

The officer on the phone was asking me questions - like make/model/color of my car, where are you, have you made eye contact with the officer, blah blah blah.  They finally let me off the phone and out of my car.  I go inside with the officer who got to witness the state of my house.  Harrison is crying in the car while Sadie is bouncing around turning on all the interior lights in the car.  The officer went outside to search the back perimeter of the house and said all was clear.  However, it didn't leave me with a good feeling.

I got Harrison ready for bed and nervously took him upstairs, just knowing some intruder was going to jump out and attack.  Had to go back outside to turn off all the interior lights of my car and move it into the garage.  But what if the attacker was hiding in the garage rather than upstairs in the dark?

What time is it?  Time for Kris to come home and for everyone to go to bed.  The End.

No comments: