Thursday, February 3, 2011

Temptations

Why is it that so many "forbidden" things are very tempting?  I know, I know, that's a sermon in itself.  But I won't go there.  I'm talking about all the things that my little one wants to get into.  I'm thankful that Sadie is exploring the world around her, but it's like the things she should stay away from have a mysterious magnetic pull.  She has more than enough toys, but if the remote is in sight, she's after it.  Plenty of things on the floor for her to play with, but she goes for the dog bowls.  I know that this is nothing new.  Babies are going to find their way to whatever is off-limits.  Today has been no different.  I'm having to constantly check on her to see where she is and what she has in her hands.  In fact, since sitting down to write this, I think I've gotten up four times to go check on her.  Here are a few things we've been battling today:



This was partially my fault.  I am the one who turned the tv on to the Sprout channel (and those annoying Wiggles), but check out how she made her way to sit so closely to the tv and strain to turn around and watch it.  Soon after I took this picture, she was trying to push all the buttons on the dvr.

She then wanted to play with the dirt and wood chips left from the firewood....


This is a CONSTANT battle....she loves the fireplace tools.  What a mess.  I moved them outside for a few days, but now that it's cold and I have a fire going....I have not found a place to put them where she won't get to them.  I guess they'll have to go on top of the mantle.


And then there's me.  I have my own constant battles with temptation.  But mine more often come in the form of......


I just couldn't resist the temptation today.  It's cold outside and I was in a baking mood.  So, I will continue to try to teach Sadie to resist her temptations.  And I guess my waistline will have to teach me to resist mine!


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh Sadie- ha ha! And those cookies look good- yum!