The next best option I have is Jazzercise. It is the only class that offers childcare at the gym just down the road from me. Literally, less than a mile from my house. I no longer have a reason to not exercise. I signed up and went to my first class yesterday. Here are my thoughts and observations:
- I found myself a nice cozy spot on the back row and gave thanks because there aren't mirrors on all the walls.
- Why am I the only one wearing shorts? Seriously, the ONLY one in a class of maybe 30? I would much prefer the bottom half of my legs to show rather than having yoga pants that cling to every
littlebig inch of me. hhhmmmm.....will I stand out more by wearing shorts or by wearing fitted pants? Yeah, I'll stick with my shorts for now.
- Lots of music with a Spanish/Latin flare, a little bit of Shakira mixed in. Does the teacher realize that makes me focus on chips and queso?
- Just who is making those catcalls in the middle of the songs? Oh please!
- She expects me to do a cha cha and moves with "attitude" without laughing?!
- mmmm.....quesadillas, please!
- I might have been able to rock out to step aerobics years ago, but it's going to take a few more classes before I get the hang of this.
Thankfully I made it through the class without having to stop for a break. It sure would have been nice to have Elizabeth with me, though. I needed someone to laugh with! I plan on keeping it up. And maybe, just maybe, in a few months (like by next August) I'll be to the point where I'm confident enough to wear fitted yoga pants.