Monday, August 8, 2011

So, What Do You Do?

That's a good question.  A question that keeps popping up in my mind over and over since I was asked that a couple of nights ago.

Kris had a customer in town from Canada this weekend, and he stayed with us a couple of nights.  Friday night he asked me - so, what do you do?  I sort of looked at him confused.  I told him that I honestly don't know....I take care of Sadie.  He responded - yeah, but when you don't have her, do you go to yoga?  Do you meet up with friends?  Do you go have coffee somewhere and unwind?  I laughed.  1. I do not have the body to wear yoga clothes, so I don't go to yoga.  2.  Yes, I occasionally meet up with friends, but Sadie is always with me.  3.  Coffee?  No thank you.

Yes, I have Wednesdays "off" when I take Sadie to Mother's Day Out.  However, those days are usually filled with errands and other little things that I need to do around the house.  Not much time to do extra things just for fun.

The guy later asked me - ok, so when Kris has baby duty and puts her to sleep, what do you do?  Again, I had to laugh to myself.  Oh, you mean when Kris isn't working or going to HOA meetings, or finance committee meetings, or working, or golfing, or working?  Kris actually was home this afternoon and asked me if there was anything I wanted to do - like go get a manicure or pedicure.  (Yes, a pedicure would have been wonderful, but I don't feel like I deserve to spend that money on myself after having just written a check to the city of Houston for a parking ticket - aaahhhh!!  I still can't get over that I got one.)  What he doesn't understand, though, is that I'm perfectly content staying at home and doing nothing with him.  If he's home, I want to be home too.

So, what exactly do I do?  Well, I blog at 12:41 a.m. when I can't sleep.  That's something, I guess.  But that's pretty lame.  I need to do something so I'll have an answer to that annoying question that I seem to get fairly often, not just this weekend.  If any of you out there have suggestions of what I can do in all my free time, please let me know!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Just add the word "Professional" to something like "baby caretaker" or something! Say it with confidence and smile!