Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This, My Friends, Is My Life. And I Love (Almost) Every Minute of It!

Yesterday, Sadie was a Category 2.  She was leaving a path of destruction everywhere she went.  What got into that child?

I should have known it was going to be an interesting day early on in the morning.  The dogs were barking their "we need water" bark.  Well, of course they needed water, because the water bowl was missing.  Gone.  Nowhere to be found.  No traces of spilt water.  How in the world did Sadie carry off a water bowl without spilling any?  I walked all over the place with tiny steps hoping to find a wet spot to clean it up.  Nothing.

She has a push toy/walker thing that she was using as.....a horse?  To herd the dogs.  She was chasing the dogs with it, running over tails, herding them into a corner, and laughing hysterically.  I have to admit, it was really funny.  At one point I couldn't catch my breath from laughing so hard at her.  And if you know my dog who has social anxiety disorder, it was complete torture for her.  Wherever she ran off to try and hide, Sadie found her.

Little things like this went on all day.  When Kris came home, before he made it into the house, I warned him of what he was about to face.  And what did he have to face?  Here are a couple of examples:

She has quite a library next to her potty, and these are just a few of the books that fit into the picture.  There were others scattered on the other side of the room and into my bedroom.  And where, you ask, is the bowl part of her potty?  Who knows - I had to go search for it.

Yes, that is a bottle of pepper sauce in her hands.  She discovered the she can open the spice drawer and reach in to pull out a surprise.  See how proud of herself she is?

By the end of the day, I was worn out.  But what's new?  That's ok, though.  I love spending my days with my girl.  Even if she is a storm waiting to happen!

Oh, and that missing water bowl.....she handed it to me later in the afternoon.  I still have no idea where it was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am friends with your mother-in-law throught Peckham Park gym. She used to talk about you and Kris and Sadie all the time. I am glad to see that you are all doing well. I miss seeing Karen. I do still talk to her, but it's not the same as being next to her on the elliptical machine! Good luck to all of you!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness- ha ha! Poor Shelli :( Love the new blog look!